June 25, 2012

TRENDS: RESORT 2013

      NAUTICAL VIBES     
Suno - Thom Browne - The Row
House of Holland - Lanvin - Jonathan Saunders

Stripes are such a huge trend every season. It's like the "trend for all season". Ha ha! Anyway, wearing stripes can automatically make you look preppy and effortlessly cute. We are used to nautical navy ones but I love how designers these days reinvent the stripes trend. They gave us such a huge variety to choose from, from the usual vertical and horizontal stripes to oversize and multi colored ones. Yes! Now they all come in different hues and sizes. How exciting is that? Hi hi!



      PEPLUM TOP     
Valentino - Thom Browne - Prabal Gurung

The return of this retro fashion trend peplum makes ordinary pants, skirts or shorts stylish yet easy going. This trend is perfect for daytime activities because it doesn't require you much attention to fix unwanted peek a boos or showing off those love handles. Oh please! Do not judge me :) I also have love handles (my boyfriend loves my love handles actually! Ha ha!), BTW love handles are sexy but every once in a while we, girls loves to show off our curves :) Di ba? :) Do you agree? :)

      DROP WAIST     
Gucci - Calvin Klein - Just Cavalli
Prabal Gurung - Thakoon - Naeem Khan

Yes! The drop waist trend is here to stay. High waist is still and will always be my first love but I will definitely have to try this trend. I may have a hard time looking for a great piece that would fit or match my body type and height BUT also I have to be careful not to look "drop waist mess"! Ha ha!

      GYPSY TOWN     
Salvatore Ferragamo - Louis Vuitton - Tory Burch


Oh! The best thing about the bohemian gypsy trend is that it enables you to throw on clothes without even thinking what people would think about what you are wearing. It's all about being carefree, comfortable and able to mix and match clothes to create your own unique look. Just use your creativity and imagination well, I am sure that your inner bohemian gypsy self would come out naturally :)

      DIGITAL  PRINT     
Alexander Wang - BCBG - Etro
Juicy Couture - Just Cavalli - Peter Pilotto


We all went gaga over the print on print and floral trend last season. But for the past seasons, a lot of designers have used print generator, a computer program that allows designers to create unique and one of a kind digital prints on any fabric. If I am not mistaken, Mary Kantranzou was one of the designers who have use the digital print trend on her SS2011 collection. 

     TOP PICKS     

       PETER PILOTTO      
Few pieces from Peter Pilotto's jaw dropping collection. 

Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos' inspiration for this collection are the digital kaleidoscope and centuries old illuminated manuscripts. From tight dresses to full length pants, each bits and pieces has a unique and one of a kind mash up prints. And oh! Yes! Those are digital prints!!!!!!!! :)

        ROBERTO CAVALLI       
Okay. I am still in awe! Both Roberto Cavalli and Just Cavalli line are very well made. Vibrant and saturated colors were used through out the collection for print and floral blocking. Clean and striking cuts for Roberto Cavalli, and hip culture for the Just Cavalli line. 

Peter Pilotto and Roberto Cavalli are on my second and third favorite collection for this season :) DONT JUDGE! Ha ha! I just love how everything came together. If I could afford at least a pair or two on each collection. Ha ha! I would love to have one of those pieces on my closet! :( Gaaaaah! :(

   FAVORITE RESORT 2013 COLLECTION: GIVENCHY   
OMG! OMG! OMG! I just died! Uh-no not literally but seriously! How could you not die over Givenchy's latest collection? This is truly a gypsy heaven! :)


When I saw this collection online, I really can not stop thinking and talking about it. If you're following me on Twitter or Tumblr you have probably read one of my rants and reblogs about this collection. Ha ha!


Riccardo Tisci's inspiration for this collection is a "traveling, nomadic woman", a very modern gypsy. Nomadic woman for moving from one place to another, one who always travel. Cape sleeves for modernity, lacy gowns for a romantic-intimate peg. The knee
high lace up footsies go well with the scarf print gypsy theme. I feel like Kate Bosworth should wear the halter lacy gown. What do you think? It will surely look good on her. 


How about you? What's your favorite trend and collection in the bunch? :) 


xx, KATIE


PHOTOS: Style.com & Vogue.com

2 comments:

  1. Sigh... Lots of lovely prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely digital prints and peplum! Great post! <3

    Charlene Ajose
    Fashion/Personal Blogger
    http://charleneajose.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment with your blog url. I will try my very best to visit each blog as much as I can :) xx